Doing it twice! And not because the kids destroyed it. Mike surprised us on Sunday morning but pulling a 7 1/2 foot artificial tree out of the garage with all the trimmings in my favorite tree colors, blue and silver. We have used our lovely little 3ft tree that Wendy got us our first Christmas we were together for 7 Christmases (7 1/2 if you count half of this month and it's still up, just been moved). We've loved our little tree but I've been yearning for a big tree to be able to put the presents under it instead of around the table it was standing on. We had decided after Christmas this year, but my sweet husband did want us to have to wait. So Saturday he snuck out of the house to do what I thought was looking for gifts and boy was I wrong. Did I shed a tear a two over this lovely gesture? Of course and this is the second time he's made me have tears of joy.
The first was when I got in my car and there was no longer princess music but Christmas music playing. I thought oh Mike must have found the Christmas radio station. The first song ended and the next song had a singer that sounded like the first. Confused I wondering what cd he had found in the house. After the second song, I ejected the cd to find he had bought the Michael Buble Christmas Album and secretly put it in my car. This little gesture still brings me such a wonderful sense of love.
Thank you Mike for making my season bright and full of love! I love you too!
No comments:
Post a Comment