That was time for my first 5K! I did it I ran the whole thing. Our ward has an annual Chicks on the Run 5K or 1 mile walk promoting healthy living. So about 7 weeks ago I started running with a couple ladies at 5:30am 3 times a week. We're home before dawn. We've been averaging closer to 40 mins and our best I think had been 37 mins but not today.
Mike woke the girls up and brought them over to the church. He got to the finish line just as I was. It was nice to have his support. He did take a picture of me cooling down so none of the pictures were blog-worthy but it's there anyway because for me this is a momentous occasion. We celebrated with donuts!
I would never have pictured myself doing this; I had no desire. But it did feel good to have accomplished something.
I've been trying to decide if I'll keep running. The thought of running makes me want to say no, but when I'm up and start doing it I'm okay with it, half way through our run I never want to do it again, but then I finish and feel good. By no means do I feel the need to run further, I do not have ambitions of a 10K, 1/2 or full marathon. But our stake does have a turkey trot on Thanksgiving so I think I'll keep going and run that. We'll see if I can at least keep that same time, but it's getting colder we may discover I'm a fair weather fan of this exercise- but that's nothing new just ask my taebo and other fitness things collecting dust in my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment